Wednesday 1 November 2023

Pie

Pink flowers
Tiratanaloka, September 2022
There's a distinct lack of interesting and/or blogworthy things going on in my life, which is very pleasant for my life but a challenge to my blogging mojo. Writing about a new vacuum cleaner was quite a low point, but the bar may have to drop further this time.

I made a vegan lemon meringue pie. Easy to replace fat with coconut oil/non-dairy spread, lemon curd thickened with cornflour, and I tried aqua faba - the liquid surrounding tinned chickpeas - as a replacement for egg white meringue. It was certified as delicious by Lola II and mum, although mum found the lemon curd a bit sharp. 

Sister D and Lola II visited Lola Towers to provide valuable assistance in carrying out some of my projects. I am gradually emptying the loft of its non-essential contents, which includes a shelf of folders from my university course in the 1980's. Sister D kindly separated out the sheets that could be re-used for printing so the rest could be recycled, which allowed me to detach myself from the process rather than getting caught up in unhelpful thoughts relating to that time of my life. Meanwhile, Lola II photographed the spotlights that have been replaced in the kitchen and listed them on local marketplace websites. I was contacted very quickly by a man who, very unusually in my experience, not only didn't try to renegotiate the price but actually turned up and collected them when he said he would.

There was also a visit to mum and dad, where useful work was done (mostly relating to money and finances) but we completely missed the clinic appointment that I was supposed to take mum to. Unusual for both of us to be so forgetful! Anyway, it was rebooked and took place without me, so that's a good result.

I've completed my tax return, and made inroads into the job that Mr MXF wants done (all about availability and types of HDR [High Dynamic Range] in UK media). And that's about it.

Me and the lemon meringue pie

No comments:

Post a Comment