Thursday 25 May 2023

Spring in the air

View of sunken garden at Adhisthana
Adhisthana, May 2023
Back from my retreat now, which was the usual mix of bliss and hard reality. I learned quite a bit about the subjects under discussion, but learned more about myself and my creative potential. Intrigued? Just give me a call. And back home I led my local group in our regular evening meeting, which went well but confirmed my preference for running social events rather than 'teaching'.

Meanwhile there have been fun and games at the parents' house with a mysterious glitch that keeps tripping the electricity fuse for the kitchen/garage circuit. Various options are under investigation, so far without a conclusion.

Badminton news - our AGM went without a hitch and I managed to escape without accepting any responsibilities. Our post-pandemic change of management has been excellent, with a new website and much improved communication at no extra cost.

It is time to admit that with the help of a counsellor/therapist, I have for some time been addressing some of my deep-seated insecurities. This has resulted in immense progress towards restoring my confidence in human relationships, to the extent that I managed to create an online dating profile, then actually communicated with others via the dating app, and even went as far as to meet someone in person. I was very apprehensive about this, with all sorts of fearful scenarios presenting themselves, but in the end none of my concerns were justified because he turned out to be such an inappropriate date that it was quite easy to go on a lovely walk and then call it a day. I'm not actually all that interested in starting a relationship (I don't have enough time!) but this has been a big step forward for me.

Before the retreat I managed to visit Former Landrover Man and Former Bee Lady at their country residence, made all the more beautiful by their presence, their hard work on the garden, and the glorious weather. Sunshine persisted through the retreat and into this week, and I have welcomed back Irvin (who made a brief appearance back in February). He's much more well-behaved now, and a delightful character.

Irvin and his octopus toy
Irvin, May 2023

No comments:

Post a Comment