Sunday 19 February 2023

Not feeling it

Purple flowers in the garden
Lola Towers, May 2022
I haven't felt much like blogging recently, which is unusual. I've had a busy time as  always - immediately after mum's accident I was visiting her and dad twice a week alongside Sister D and Lola II, to the exclusion of anything much else. Then we could reduce our visits to once a week, and now thankfully mum and dad's situation is more stable - we have two reliable carers with another about to be tested, which makes it much less likely that I'll be called on to help when I'm not due to be going there anyway. But there's been some resistance on my part to sitting and typing.

On the piste with low cloud in the valley and blue sky above

I managed a week's skiing in France with five friends (two of whom did not ski), travelling by train and bus rather than flying. I prefer the idea of overland travel, but in reality it was almost as uncomfortable as flying. The journey out was on the Eurostar overnight, and although we were lucky enough to have lots of space with spare seats, none of us got any sleep to speak of. The weather when we arrived was glorious sunshine all week but this meant it was cold, and the snow was thin in some places although obviously not thawing. I really enjoyed the skiing and also spending time with friends whom I don't see that often, including Friend-Of-The-Blog CERNoise.

It's now a few days later and I'm at Mr M and Lola II's film festival. Not much time for sitting and blogging, so I'll post this now and perhaps find more motivation when I get home. And here's another bonus picture from the garden last year.

Purple sage flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment