Wednesday 25 August 2021

Lull

Wood sculpture of mermaid and otter
Malvern, June 2021
After a flurry of things going on, there's been a bit of a lull. Not that I haven't been up to much, but nothing juicy to write about. I've done a couple of vaccination shifts, been to a family party, went for some walks, had friends stay over on their way from Scotland to Cornwall, and done quite a bit of work for Mr MXF.

Nothing to report on the dog fostering front. My referees have supplied references, I have sent off photographic evidence of my house, garden and car, and I am now waiting for an interview.

I played badminton! Twice! The first time I was quite cautious because I am very much out of condition, and it didn't hurt too much the following day, so I was less cautious the second time and similarly got away with it. My technique has suffered a great deal from the 18-month hiatus and I can't cover the court like I used to, but perhaps I am remembering the halcyon days when I was at my best rather than what it was really like 18 months ago. Having said that, I doubt that my badminton skill is going to be improving with age at this stage. Now I've got to wait until the Thursday club starts up again, because Mondays are reverting back to the Buddhism course which took a break in August.

And that's about it. Sometimes less is better.

No comments:

Post a Comment